child adoption forms plano tx mobile notary publicWhen you adopt a child from a foreign country, it’s called inter-country adoption. There are a number of documents that are required to complete the adoption process. These documents are called adoption dossier, and are required to complete the inter-country (international) adoption.

First, a social worker will do a home study. The social worker will interview prospective parent(s) whom will be adopting the child and see if they are qualified to be responsible parents. The social worker’s findings must be notarized. It has been proposed to potential parent(s) that you get three notarized copies for yourself to be used in the adoption process.

Also, the social worker will require a letter from your primary doctor stating whether or not you are in good health. This letter will need to be notarized, and again you should make three copies.

A Birth Certificate for the parent(s) must be certified by the state in which you were born. You should request three copies and these will already be certified and considered notarized so you will not have to do this after the fact.

If you are married, then three copies of your marriage license will be needed. Your marriage license will be certified and considered notarized.

You will be required to present a copy of your financial statements. Three copies of the financial statement should be signed in the presence of a notary.

If you are currently working you’ll obtain a letter on company letter head from your employer stating your position with the company, and lenth of employment status. If you are self-employed, your accountant will have to issue a letter stating your income, length of time you are in business, and the type of business you operate.

A criminal background check is usually done to verify your status and in some states fingerprinting is required. Again you will need three copies of these documents notarized.

If you are divorced, you will need three copies of the divorce decree from your states Bureau of Vital Statistics.

Finally you will be required to apply to bring the child into the US by requesting an Approval Notice (form I 600-A) from the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).

Other Services That We Offer

Apostille, Living Will, Power of Attorney, Partnership Agreement, Health Care Directives, Guardianship and Custody Documents, Buy Sell Agreement, Affidavit, I-9 Employment Verification

Plano TX Service Areas

75023, 75025, 75034, 75075, 75086, 75094, 75024, 75026, 75074, 75084, 75093, 75252